This is part two of my post Holding on or letting go.
“Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?”
~ Mary Manin Morrissey
Release these things from your life
- Judgment – whether your criticism is for yourself or others, judgment is a separating, soul-stifling act
- Resentment – this emotion only keeps pain fresh and wounds you over and over again
- Guilt – would’ve, could’ve, should’ve can’t turn back time, so make amends when appropriate and forgive yourself (you’re human, remember)
- Fear – though we’re all bound to feel frightened from time to time, build up your muscles of trust and let go of as much fear as you possibly can
- Unworthiness – my experience as a human and coach is that most of us somewhere believe that we are unworthy of love or that we must do something and avoid other things in order to receive love; NOT TRUE. You, me, and everyone else is worthy of love just because that’s the way it is.
If you have other items to add to my lists, drop them in the comments area. May you have a day filled with carrying only those things which uplift you and enliven your soul.