My friend Amit who blogs at Unlimited Choice, wrote a post about his â€œholding ontoâ€ a negative situation from his work even though it had been resolved. Iâ€™m confident that like Amit, all of us sometimes rehash or stay stuck with unpleasant memories even though we donâ€™t have to.
Below are my off-the-top-of-my-head/heart thoughts on things to keep and things to release from our lives.
Hold onto these things in your life
- Love â€“ whether real or imagined, loving thoughts and feelings are good for you
- Beliefs that serve you â€” if a belief gives you more confidence, hope, faith, or courage, thatâ€™s got to be positive
- Nurturing memories â€” perhaps because we all have down times in life, having a storehouse of happy, joyful, or pleasant memories can be beneficial (and fun to remember)
- Childlike wonder â€” though we get sensible as adults, retaining our ability to be captivated, enchanted, mesmerized, and awe-struck is good for the soul
- Uplifting relationships â€” people and animals who love us unconditionally and whom we love with all our hearts are irreplaceable, so care for them well
â€œMay you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human enough hope to make you happy.â€